At the foot of the Cross

At the foot of the Cross

Friday, October 21, 2011

(10) Disciple: Defining the Relationship by Asking the Hard Questions:

GROUP DISCUSSON




How should we measure our commitment to Christ?



Is the American style of Christianity watered down or diluted?



What does Kyle identify as a delusion?



Does the American culture deceive us into believing that what we are doing is what Jesus meant by taking up our cross to follow Him?



How does sanctification change a follower?



Am I committed to change? And to His Lordship?



What will the vineyard owner think of our offering of dried up grapes? Have we added fresh fruit to the Vine? Will we present our lives to Christ without evidence of how we shared the Light?



Kyle says, “Faith should have a story attached to it ......action, movement.”

What kinds of actions or movements should be attached to faith?



Do we judge ourselves using our own checklists?



How is my relationship with Christ? Does He know me and do I know Him intimately?



Do we accept our ministerial relationship as priests of God 2 Cor 5:19? How?



What are the differences between convinced versus convicted OR decision versus commitment?



HOMEWORK: Read Chapter 8 in Not a Fan



Recommendation: Order Radical: Taking Back Your Faith from the American Dream by David Platt



Meditation: Ask yourself the following questions for 6 days in a row.

---Am I going in the right direction?

---Am I content with my level of Faith Development?

---Am I a priest of God committed to the ministry of Reconciliation?

---What have I given up to become a Christian? What is the evidence of my sacrificial life?

---Do my family values contradict those of the Gospel?

---Am I able to share the Gospel with others in a loving gracious way?

---Am I interested in being involved in building a sacrificial community of believers?

---Am I playing religion?

---What is the cost of my Discipleship?



Application:

Bring to class 2 ideas you have prayed about that would be examples of how to reach the lost.

Prayer:

Pray for God’s Spirit to bring you wisdom and enlightenment on walking the narrow way. Pray that God will open your eyes and wake you up to the pressing need of the Gospel in your community. Pray specifically for someone you want to present the Light to in a personal way.

No comments:

Post a Comment