At the foot of the Cross

At the foot of the Cross

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Homework for 2nd Week of Class: Sanctification: The Spirit's Helium

HOMEWORK for LESSON 1
Review: Major Points made in class during Lesson 1
(1) Sancitification is a work done by the Holy Spirit
(2) Hebrews 12:14  "Pursue peace with all men, and the sanctification without which no one will see the Lord."  Sanctification is important for Christians to pursue or they will not see the Lord
(3) Sanctification involves a "renewing", "growth", "submission", and our bodies as a "vessel"

Thought for Next Week: We have a choice as to whether we are filled with the Spirit or reject the Spirit.

Application for this week: Begin to pray for wisdom

Homework over the next 2 weeks (as we will not meet the Week of March 7th due to Spring Break)
(1) Read and Meditate on Chapter 1 of "Absolute Surrender" and make notes in your PEP Journal
**** PEP stands for: Prayer, Epiphany, and Praise - some evidence that Spirit is working in your life.
(2) Create a clear definition of "Sanctification Process" using the handouts at: http://joyfullearning.org/
(3) Begin to pray for wisdom every day so that the Spirit will grant you "epiphanies" during these lessons.
(4) Practice using http://www.biblegateway.com/ by looking up terms in both NIV and New American Standard searches. Do you see any differences in your search results?
(5) Download "Touch Bible" onto your SmartPhone, if you have one and practice using it.

My prayers are with you as you renew your mind in the Word.

4 comments:

  1. I am learning that God's measure of blessing is conditional to my surrender....the more I surrender to him, the greater number of blessings I will receive. I am going to start praying for God to reveal to me areas in my life that I need to surrender to him so that I will no longer hinder his blessings upon me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see where sanctification can mean different things in the bible. I found this definition online that helped me understand the process...The operation of God by which he especially through the spirit works in man the subjective quality of holiness

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your posts so far. You all are inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My daughter totally wrecked her brother's car this morning by driving it under a truck. She escaped with little injury. Jordan's online Scripture for the day was Psalms 112:7. Here is how God reveals Himself to us....
    Ps 112:7 "He shall not be afraid of evil tidings; his heart is fixed, trusting in the Lord."
    Phil 2:13"for it is God who is at work in you, both to will and to work for His good pleasure"
    The 2 words "work" in this verse are "energen" or "energize". Talk about PEP! God energizes us to be energetic for His will.

    ReplyDelete